To Read List for 2016
In 2015, I ended up reading more books than I planned. In some ways, I feel I did better in my book choices, and other times I used reading as a nice escape or stress relief. One of my goals for this year is to read books that are already on my kindle but also books that would be helpful to life right now. By listing the books, I thought it would keep me accountable to stay on track.
Books I want to finish:
- Keep It Shut by Karen Ehman ( I can always use help with my words and listening better.)
- The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee (Not my normal read but good to understand especially since my dad died of cancer.)
- Broken Down House by Paul David Tripp (I remember how much I got out of reading this book the first time. With the world being as crazy as it is, I figured this book deserved a second look.)
- Girl Meets Change by Kristen Strong (I loved this book in the fall and since more change seems to be on the horizon, I would like to be ready for it. A second read will hopefully reinforce the principles.)
Books on My Kindle that Would Be Good for this season:
- Creative Teaching Methods by Marlene LeFever ( I am overdue for a book on teaching.)
- When Godly People do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore (Just because.)
- Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi ( a recommendation from a friend)
- Sick and Tired by Kimberly Rae (I think it would help me better understand friends who have fatigue and other medical issues that affect their lives.)
- Be a People Person by John Maxwell ( I could use some help with my relational skills.)
That makes nine books which is totally doable. Any other suggestions to make it twelve, one for each month? What is on your list to read this year?