10 Things to Remember When Your Feelings Get Hurt
So as my way of processing, here are 10 things to remember when I get my feelings hurt.
1. In this life, my feelings will get hurt and I will hurt other people’s feelings. This is life.
2. God will take all my hurts whether they are big or small.
3. Most of the time, people don’t mean to hurt others. They just don’t think about what they are saying or doing.
4. I need to acknowledge my hurt and talk it out if possible with the person who hurt me. Not in a accusatory way but in a way that seeks to understand where the other person is coming from.
5. I need to daily take captive thoughts that want to feed my hurt not heal it.
6. I need to think before I speak and act so I don’t unintentionally hurt others.
7. Forgive and forgive again.
8. It’s okay to set boundaries.
9. The Devil would like nothing better for God’s children to hold grudges against each other for hurts and wrongs.
10. Am I letting my feelings and hurts getting in the way of what God wants me to do?
Dear God, Your adversary the devil wants your children to misunderstand each other and harbor hurts. Forgive me when I do that. Show me where I need to forgive or ask forgiveness. Thank you for the healing and reconciliation that are possible because of Jesus. Amen